When I became a parent my girls became my number one priority, my whole world and they always will be. But somewhere along the way I forgot about myself and until very recently I hadn’t really realised. Blogging was a way for me to find myself again, and in doing so has also made me realise some things I need do for myself. I’ve come to realise that in order for me to function as a Mum and a Wife I really need to look after myself better.
So I’ve decided now is the time for a little more self care:
- Do 20 minutes of exercise at least three times a week- I’ve just done my first workout since having Tiny Tot and I’m definitely going to feel it in the morning.
- Drink two litres of water a day- If this said coffee it would be easy.
- Cut down on my sugar intake and eat healthier snacks- I probably eat far too much chocolate!
- Eat proper meals- As a Mum I find myself snacking throughout the day but not having a set ‘Breakfast’ or ‘Lunch’.
- Read at least one book a month- I can’t remember the last time I finished a book and I so miss reading.
- Walk more- Drive Less!
- Go to bed earlier- I so often find myself up until midnight and then spend the next day complaining about how exhausted I am.
- Get a hair cut once every two months- I last had my haircut before Tiny Tot was born and it really needs some TLC.
- Make an effort to apply ‘my face’ in the morning- I’m not talking full on face of make up but just a little bit of tinted moisturiser and mascara wouldn’t go a miss. I used to wear make up every day but since Tiny Tot arrived I really haven’t given my appearance much attention.
- Treat myself to a few new items of clothes- I’m always buying the girls clothes (kids clothes are just too darn cute to resist) but I forget about myself.
- Enjoy a long soak in the bath with my favourite Lush products at least once a month- When I was pregnant I relaxed in the bath at least once a week, usually more and I think my body deserves a dip in the tub.
Thank you for reading, are you taking some time for self care? What do you do to look after yourself?