This week the wonderful Lucy from Wavelines Blog nominated me for the Leibster Award! I cannot thank her enough for nominating me, its amazing when you’re recognised for your writing by a fellow blogger, especially as I have only been writing this blog for three weeks! If you haven’t already, you should take a look at Wavelines, Lucy’s beautiful lifestyle blog, writing about everything from beauty products to film reviews.
I haven’t heard of the Liebster Award before but luckily Lucy had explained it in her blog post- so I will do the same for those, who like me, don’t have a clue.
The Leibster Award is a tag given from one blogger to find out more about new blogs. The rules are as follows:
- Thank the person who nominated you and post a link to their blog in your post.
- Show the award on your blog or in your post.
- Answer the 11 questions asked by the person who nominated you.
- Write 11 random facts about yourself.
- Nominate 5-11 bloggers that you feel deserve the award.
- Create a list of new questions for your nominees to answer.
- Once your blog is published, let your nominees know that they have been nominated and link them to your post for more details.
The Questions I was asked by Lucy:
What is your favourite childhood memory?
I have a few favourite childhood memories and they all include my Grandad, he was the main man in my life growing up and the memories I have with him are by far my most cherished. Its difficult for me to just pick one so I’ve short listed it to two! My Grandad would fly my sister and I in a washing basket around the room like we were in a helicopter, how he had the strength to pick us both up I will never know. Growing up my sister and I loved a warm glass of milk before bed. Whenever we stayed the night at our Grandparents, Grandad would bring a warm milk to us in bed, complete with a sneaky teaspoon of sugar.
What do you hope to achieve with your blog in 3 years time?
My main hope is that I will still be writing this blog in 3 years time, in the short 3 weeks I have been doing this it has given me a new lease of life. I would love for my blog to inspire others to do something they love
What would your last meal on Earth be?
Now this is a super tough question to answer, I am a huge fan of food so attempting to pick just one meal is hard. (I actually had to ask my hubby what he thinks my favourite meal is) If it could only be one meal then it would have to be a full rack of BBQ ribs, chips and homemade coleslaw.
Describe your perfect Saturday night…
It would start with a long stroll along a beach, whatever the weather. Followed by eating an Indian or Chinese Take Away snuggled up on the sofa with my Hubby and Littles watching a movie.
What is your favourite beauty brand and product from that brand?
I think at the moment my favourite beauty brand is Lush Fresh Handmade Cosmetics, with having a toddler and a newborn I don’t currently have a lot of time to spend on myself but I absolutely adore Lush bath bombs, especially Butterball and Honey Bee. They are both beautifully moisturising and both have ingredients which are particularly good for relaxation. Lovely after a tough day and I find they really helps me to wind down for a good nights sleep.
Why did you start blogging?
I have always loved writing but took a long break from it, but after having our second daughter and having spent a lot of time in the past 3 years reading other blogs I suddenly had the drive and motivation to put pen to paper (well fingers to to keyboard). I was and still am going through a stage in my life where I want to better myself for the benefit of my family and really wanted to document and share my journey, a blog felt like the perfect place to do that.
How would you describe yourself in 3 words?
Optimistic, Attentive and Cautious
If you could have a plane ticket anywhere in the world, where would you go?
America, at the moment my hubby has an ‘obsession’ with the idea of visiting America and its really starting to rub off on me. The only problem is there isn’t one specific place I’d like to visit in America so it would have to be a long trip.
Which blogger inspires you most?
At the moment I am most inspired by Jess from Mummy of Boy Girl Twins, her posts on interior design are right up my street. She has recently moved into a new build (as have I) and I am really enjoying watching her turn their house into a family home. I also love reading about her beautiful twins and their time as a family. I think her blog is an absolute delight to look at and it has something for everyone. It is so wonderful and inspirational to see her being able to provide for her family by doing something she loves, blogging and freelance writing.
What is your best joke?
I really don’t know many jokes, my husband would probably say I’m not a great teller of jokes, but heres a silly one- Q: What did one wall say to the other wall? A: I’ll meet you at the corner.
What is your best achievement to date?
This is probably the easiest question for me to answer- my daughters. I can’t see myself ever achieving anything greater than bringing my daughters into this world and watching them learn and grow.
11 Facts about me:
- I have 2 daughters.
- My favourite place is the Beach.
- I love Disney more than my children do.
- I’m a complete geek at heart.
- I have an annoying obsession with spelling and grammar.
- I have a number of tattoos.
- I love reading.
- My house is always clean but never tidy.
- I’ve recently taken a real liking to baking.
- I watch far too much YouTube.
- I love my family.
I am nominating:
The Questions for My Nominees:
- When and why did you start blogging?
- If you could go anywhere in the world, where would you go?
- How would your friends and family describe you?
- What is your favourite movie?
- What is the the most exciting thing you have done?
- Who do you admire in the blogging world?
- Tell me a fun fact about yourself….
- What are your blogging dreams?
- If you could meet any celebrity, who would it be and why?
- Do you have a favourite book or author?
- What song would you sing at Karaoke?
Thank you again Lucy for the nomination!!! I’ve really enjoyed answering your questions and I can’t wait to see my nominee’s answers!